best sounding integrated for under 2500.00

just getting back into audio. want this to be my last purchase. like smooth warm sounding equipment as i listen to alot of metal and rock from the 80s. this can sound harsh on alot of equipment. been researching for months and im getting more confused by the minute. i thought creek destiny or krell 300 might do the trick. any other suggestions. powering psb stratus golds.
vikingnick

Showing 3 responses by macdadtexas

Go no further, if you can find a used Cary Audio SLI80 F-1, you can get it for that. The non-F1 version is great as well, and would be a little less if found used.

Great integrated, with plenty of power. Sorry I sold mine.
I have a new Bel Canto C5i, that is absolutely amazing. I have it matched up with an AppleTV and Klipsch Heresy II's with Crites crossovers, woofers and tweeter diaphrams, and it's absolutely stellar.

Great integrated DAC and it has a MM phono stage, which I have yet to use. Great for a second system for me, and it's beautiful as all of their gear is.
I just re-read this question, and since it does not ask in regard to what speakers, just best sounding integrated under $2500, I'm voting for the Cary SLI-80 again. Great sounding integrated with 80/w, and great to look at, great re-sale.

I'm voting again, you know, like a Chicago election.