Tinnitus - do you have ringing in the ears?

I just read that an Audiogon member is selling a pair of speakers because of Tinnitus - ringing in the ears.

I have Tinnitus in both ears, one worse than the other, but I have learned to live with it.

Do you suffer from Tinnitus? Do you know of a treatment that has had successful results?

Thanks
joeldoss
From Pete Egoscue's "Pain Free" page 206:

Tinnitus is a condition that often accompanies headaches, poor balance, and positional vertigo. Like the others, its principal effect, ringing in the ears, can be addressed by repositioning the head. The ringing is literally an alarm that is telling us that the inner ear doesn't like the position of the head.""
Post removed 
There is a doctor here in NY that has developed a treatment whereby they determine the frequency of the tone, then generate that tone 5 degree out of phase for something like 30 seconds, then 5 more degrees out of phase for 20 seconds, continuing till it comes back to phase.

I have a tone generating program for mac (Audiotest) that can do that very thing (as well as generate any tones needed to test your gear).

I have not tried it, but perhaps I will, if i can ID the freq that bothers me.
Can also be due to a blocked eustacian tube

Home remedies

Or poor drainage of cranial sacral fluid. This may be adjusted by an osteopathic doctor or by cranial sacral release: a procedure where the doc moves your head to align your spine.
What worked for me: I have Tinnitus Tamer for Mac (PC versions available) and can say that it works if you stick to a few minutes a day. I recorded the tones as WAV files, added them to iTunes, and play them a few times whenever I put my headphones on. It's not annoying, yet, it doesn't seem to work if I play them on speakers and it doesn't work "for good". (And playing these thru a good set of speakers may just damage glassware.)

BTW- my tinnitus was considered moderate by an audiologist and had been prescribed Clonpin (sp?) for it which worked moderately and only for a short run of months. I can say that the drug minus the tinnitus made for a good listening mood, but wasn't something that I felt I could work my best while on.