Does your system reflect your personality?

Over the years I have read that married couples begin to resemble oneanother. I have also seen things that indicate that people resemble their pets.

Is it possible that the stereo systems 'we' put together resemble us? For example, are people with a more laidback system more laidback? Do people who prefer solidstate gear and a more aggressive sound act more aggressive?

These are obviously generalizations, but is there any substance to these questions? How do you resemble your gear?
128x128nrchy
My system and I are one. As a matter of fact, when I have mexican for dinner, my speakers start making weird popping sounds and we both have hearty laughs after.
I was wondering if anyone else saw characteristics in their system that they recognize in themselves. I guess I'm not the only one. I am a bigger than average athletic guy. I like big powerful amps. I like having 400wpc driving the music.

I'm not very subtle and neither is my gear. That's not to say detail are not important though.

I like, and participate in contact sports like football and martial arts. Does that have anything to do with liking the contact of a diamond in a groove over a laser in a pit?

I like the bass tight rather than tubby, and I hate midrange bloat especially on me!

Have I gone from the sublime to the absurd?
Yes, extended top end, firm bass, no bloated mid range, quick, not transparent, utterly smooth, and in a handsome cabinet.
Mine fits me i guess.

Not very refined, but good solid quality, Loves rock and roll, Loves to be loud, and enjoys kicking ass from time to time. Potential to be capable of far more than what it currently is. Loves to party.

Rah!