halogen lighting?

I am starting to plan the interior of my listening room, I saw a post here a while ago that recommended against halogen lighting. I would like to get some low "atmosphere" lighting, with a dimmer swtich as well as the "spot" type halogens. Will these cause electrical interference to my sound system?
thanks,
thumper
joeb
one alternative would be to use the low voltage lighting system but convert it to pure DC. Some home-brew technical expertise would be essential to accomplish this.
It's easier than that. I installed low-voltage baby halogens atop my window inside frames for dramatic soft lighting of my drapes, but at TERRIBLE acoustic penalty...WITH wall-wart 12v transformers. And yes, they DO radiate into the audio...even when not on the same dedicated lines. OTOH I have in-room incandescents that are dimmed by a normal pot and they're COMPLETELY quiet!
So for $6 just get a rotary or slide dimmer and control incandescent 115 v lights, and leave the low voltage or halogen ornamentals for non-audio entertaining. I'm still surprised at the difference in noise level. I don't even hear incandescent filament "singing", either, from the 40 watt candelabra-shaped bulbs, whereas those baby halogens make muy system sound like my old short-wave receiver!
I have the answer your looking for! We just finished remodling the den, which is where the audio & projection systems are located. My electrician promised me that the low voltage lighting (12 volt) he would put in wouldn't make any sound. Well, I went along with his suggestion, and he was right! He used a unit made by "Elco". I believe the modle number is EL1499R. The cost was just under $26 each at the electrical supply. Each unit has its own transformer, but I can't hear any sound comming from them, and neither can anyone else! The dimmer that we're using is made by Lutron, and is called the "Spacer System". Very cool dimmer; works off an IR remote, and can be programmed for 4 different lighting levels. Hope this helps! Ken
Ken, sounds like you're into h.t., maybe more than just stereo? I'm curious what your system is?
jb
I've been into high-end audio since the mid 70's. My "current" system is pretty much a full blown Cello system, complete with a pair of Grandmasters. During this most recent remodeling job, we ran 5 dedicated 20 amp lines into the den, and used the Cryo-treated Hubbells for the outlets - a huge difference in bass response! As far as the projector goes, I installed a Sanyo PLV-70 into the ceiling, and project it on a Stewart Firehawk screen. The quality of the projected image is awsome, but my true obsession remains two channel audio...