Anyone familiar with ART DI/O...?

Has anyone heard this little DAC- ADC unit? Am interested mainly in the ADC capability for archiving lp's. It sure sounds like a bargain for the price ($200.),and got a pretty decent review on enjoythemusic.com. Anyone?
winoguy17
brianw, i shorted out the a-to-d in my di/o by inserting 1/4' fone plug to rca adapters into the analog inputs, & running a wire across the rca inputs...

doug s.

Hello Sedond,

I've shorted out the analog inputs, internally, the day that I got the unit. I had mentioned disabling the A to D entirely by disabling the chip, (removing it). Everyone knows that they need to remove the tube for playback (allowing more P.S. for the playback, DAC), this just takes it one step further. No need to feed the chip that you aren't using for playback.
brian, whsn i shorted the analog inputs, the tube warmth light stopped working, which is what happens when ya remove the a-to-d chip. i figured the chip can't be getting much signal if the whole circuit is shorted out. this, removing the tube, using the 3.4v power-supply instead of the stock 1.3v unit, should be sufficient, no? i'm no electronics expert, tho... ;~)

speaking of 3.4v power-supplies, i found an atari p/s w/the same specs as the $20-$30 stancor, for only $4 at hosfelt - after i'd already bought my stancor from radio shack... ;~)

regards,

doug s.

Why short out the circuit and drain the PS, when you can cut the source without? Might mean more PS available to the DAC circuit?