Do CD-R's sound the same as originals

does a burned copy of a cd sound the same as the original
soundwatts5b9e
(From the above post) ""Jitter read from a CD will affect how well the read servo stays locked, and how much the read servo has irregular power supply demands. Just about everything and anything affect the power supply, so reduce jitter read from the disc, and it will affect the accuracy of the playback event.""...................(And likely the accuracy of the CD image file?). I interpret this also in the making CD-R copies with a personal computer. The better the read-software, the better the copy will be. Nero has a "jitter reduction" feature when the CD to be copied, gets read. The CD is read/re-read several times, before the final CD image is created and stored on the hard drive. For me, It took nearly 4 hours for it to read a 74 minute CD. That said, the software costs $50, and I'd rather demo other free software before I buy, even though I doubt there is any better software than Nero, at least where accuracy is a concern. Adaptec is perfect for burning CD's from MP3 files.
Centurymantra - your post focuses a lot on the transmission / reception of digital data to the DAC, and how the DAC processes it, etc. I'm not clear from reading it if you're suggesting that these problems are accentuated by using a CDR vs. the original CD, or you're just augmenting the general discussion of why people using different equipment might hear different results.

If you are suggesting that these other issues are affected by the use of a CDR vs. an original CD, to what do you attribute the effects? Something other than the CDR having different contents than the original CD?

I have found that RealJukebox Plus is perfect for creating bit-perfect images of audio CDs on a computer and it takes about 15 minutes plus 8 minutes for each additional copy I want.

Ktomas, I echo your question precisely. Centurymantra's post raises some interesting issues but it is not clear to me whether he is implying that the time-delays occur when a player reads a CD-R which is an exact digital replica (1s and 0s) of the original CD. Or whether there is something else involved here.