Do CD-R's sound the same as originals

does a burned copy of a cd sound the same as the original
soundwatts5b9e
Perfection is the Holy Grail. In practice, this means "vanishingly small error rate" relative to digital data. Uncorrected bit error rates (BER) on the order of error in every trillion bits is not uncommon for some high-quality digital data transmission systems. That BER is roughly one error in the equivalent of (whips out slide rule here... hmmm... fiddle... fiddle...) about 184 compact discs, assuming 680 MB of useable data per disk. Not too shabby.
"Hi there, The theory is simple - in bit-for-bit perfect copy there is no loss of information. Period." Thanks Kocho, I agree and with that theory working in practice I would be much interested in knowing if others still believe they can hear a difference. I say nada a difference.
I go with my own experience, as opposed to blindly agreeing that "it ought to be" a certain way. I never said I wasn't happy with CD-R, I just said that it isn't perfect.
There is absolutely no question in my mind that CD replication is virtually error-free and that therefore CDRs sound exactly the same as originals. That's what I hear in my pretty accurate system, anyway.
And there's absolutely no question in my mind that the opposite is true, and is repeatable.