Forget Expensive Gel Absorbers

Its amazing how your mind works when your in the hobby! Walking through the hardware store I noticed the cheapest tweak yet! Look for ACE Hardware Wall Mount Door Stops ACE Part#51442. These are identical to the Sorbothane (or whatever) half globe gel feet supports that retail for a huge margin. I picked up 4 of these gel doorstops for $6.00!!!
They do a great job!

Have fun!
mhubbard
Chazzbo: Do a search under both "isolation" and "platforms". I suspect from the length of these threads that some of the members had groups of monks helping them out with the posting.

Hey David99 these are not hard plastic and I'm not a moron! Check out the specific part number I listed, and if you think the rubber AudioQuest uses is "special".. fine keep waisting your money. Dont keep other from checking something out for themselves!!!
mhubbard,CHILL! The audio quest arent rubber btw and I dont own any anyway.I use BDR cones,v-pods and Bright Star Audio sand boxes.Maybe "Ace is the place" but if you want effective vib-control,good luck.
In all fairness I agree many tweaks are way over priced including sorbothane.Vibra-pods are a steal at $5-6 each.Sandboxes can be made for a few bucks and work as well as the "store bought" Have to remember about sorbothane, even though its pricey, that its made for vib-control/absorption.The door stops are made for,well....door stops and I'm sure they do a good job.
I have to admit your "ACE is the place" comment made me bust up!

I chilled, sorry if I seemed angry. I just feel these things did a good job at isolating my equipment.