vibrapods or cones?

Trying to achieve some sonic isolation and I'm wondering whither route to go.

I'm thinking vibrapods for the sources that actually create vibrations (speakers) and cones for 'passive' devices (amps, CD players)

Any thoughts?
mmccoy
Kitch: I have the less expensive Mapleshade cones (Surefeet), but prefer the Neuance shelf (supported on upturned spikes) to the Pod/Maple/cone sandwich that I used to use on the CD player. The shelf is the same or less than the cost of a sandwich I could not use the brass cones under the tube amp as they stored too much heat from the chassis and reintroduced it back into the amp. I still use the Pods and cones on other stuff (since I have them and they are effective), but not on the source and amp in the living room setup which is my pride and joy. I was short on funds (even shorter now:-), so only re-shelved the top two shelves of the rack (the bottom two are still the stock MDF and this is where I still use Pods and cones) and would like to install a couple more of the Neuance shelves down the line. I also had better results with Maple platforms with the Pods and such than with MDF. I think that I will try the CDR dirctly on a Maple shelf with Pods under it, since you have had good results with the thick Maple. I just picked up a beauty (1 1/2" thick) at a thrift store for a buck. If not I can always use it in the kitchen. I think that Bob has more patience than I did with the Pods and cones as tuning them (moving them around) under the source drove me batty after a period of time.
Kitch, the Mapleshade Triplefeet definitely work better than their less expensive cones, which I also thought were good. Detail retrieval was improved high to low, and I preferred them to other cones and compliant feet including vpods under CDP and TT. Could be worth a trial. Compared to the Neuance shelf, which like Dekay I've ended up using, though, the cones produced a few "loose hairs" sticking out of the sonic coiffure in the highs. Keep meaning to try the Triplefeet and N shelf together but summer projects beckon.
I use both vibrapods and cones (tiptoes) in my system. Pods appear to work best under non-mechanical components (preamps, DAC's). Cones seem to work best on components with moving parts (speakers, turntables, CD transports). With power amps, I've had mixed results. Most of the time, amps seem to work best with cones in my system.