Stillpoints or Audio Points, has anyone compared

It there a difference in sound, when using Stillpoints and if so, what to expect.

Are Stillpoints better than Audio Points.
Trying to figure out how do they differ in sound.

Also are all brass cones, even thought from different companies , do they all do the same thing or are there that are superior.
macallan25
I concur with Thorman. I've used many of the cone and isolation products. Vibrapods work best with my components. The new Vibracones make a good addition to the Vibrapods and are a significant upgrade. For best results make a Vibrapod sandwich. I use 5/8 inch plate glass. This system works the best with my Levinson components.
I have friends that swear by some of the other products out there so I know the results are system dependent.
In my system, under the cd player, Stillpoints made a difference. But, it was hardly spectacular -- no night and day, my jaw dropped, veils disappeared kind of difference. Just a slightly crisper sound -- just enough to make them worthwhile for me (I am using the points and the base units). Sorry, I can't compare to audio points, but I didn't hear much of a difference at all using just brass cones. My cd player sits on a wood shelf in a cabinet, so that could have a bearing on things (no pun intended).
Starsound Technologies's Audiopoints are wonderful. They offer a money back guarentee on all their products. You've got nothing to lose. I use their Audiopoints via their Sistrum System Platforms. Significantly better and more costly, as well. Buy three one inch points for your cdp. If that doesn't tingle your tympanics: return 'em. They are wonderful. I haven't compared them to others, but I certainly know what my system sounds like with them and without them. Get the point? peace, warren
I have not heard anything better than a Sistrum SP-1 under a CD player or DAC.I have try a lot things.Sistrum SP-1 get
my vote.
I'll answer all of your questions. :)

Q. Has anyone compared Stillpoints to Audio Points?
A. I don't know but perhaps there is one who has.

Q. Are Stillpoints better than Audio Points?
A. I don't know but they could be. When one considers what a set of Stillpoints cost vs. the price of Audio Points, one should expect Stillpoints to be multiple times better. That I doubt.

Q. Are all brass cones the same and do the same things?
A. Not all power cables, ic's, nor sc's are the same, nor are any other components considered the same. For each has it's own unique style of execution, sonic signature, and design. Therefore, it should be very safe to assume that that not all brass cones are the same.

That was easy.

As for a few of the other comments posted in this thread. Some to many are aware that there are 3 camps of vibration control methodologies,

1. de-coupling/dampening/isolation,

2. coupling/mechanical transfer, and

3. The ecumenicals who like to combine coupling and de-coupling products thinking they are getting the best of both worlds. aka mug-womps, those with their mugs on one side of the fence and their womps on the other side of the fence.

Regardless of which methodology one adhere's to (except for the mug-womps), one simply should not expect to realize either methodology's full sonic potential via some half-assed commitment. Just like any other aspect of audio, vibration control truly requires an all or nothing approach to realize the full benefits.

And for many, vibration control is still a final frontier in need of discovery.

I can't speak for the de-coupling products, but when it comes to the coupling methodology, one should not expect maximum performance gains until a mechanical break-in period has allowed everything to settle. Yes, it's true. In my case it took at least 7 whole days for everything to settle. After that, the results were nothing short of a serious component upgrade.

But that radical change did not occur until the final pieces were in place.

And every time a racking system is moved, break-in can still take several days.

In other words, one should not expect to hear night and day differences during A/B comparisons.

-IMO