The Great Cryo'd Outlet Test

Some have wondered about the Cryo'd outlet test that this skeptic has agreed to do, thanks to the generous loan of an outlet by another member. The situation is that the outlet, and its non-cryo'd twin have been breaking in for several weeks and I think we can agree they are ready for evaluation. Performing the tests will involve littering the room with various amps and speakers with the associated wires strung around, so, and I am sure you understand, I need to wait for a free day when my dear wife is elsewhere occupied.
A report will be made.
eldartford
Ed: I thought you were going to mail them on to Stehno. If Stehno still wants to do it, that is OK by me.
Stehno...Sure I will redirect the outlets to you, but I don't have an address. E-Mail to me.
Thanks, Eldartford. I received the outlets Friday evening and just installed one of them about 1 hour ago (Sat. 8pm pst).

I broke the middle contact bridges in order to allow connections for my two dedicated lines to that one outlet. (top is a 15amp line for preamp, bottom is 20amp line for amplifier). So two of my three components have the potential to reap benefits, degredations, or nothing from the outlets.

I listened for about 20 minutes. My current outlets are the FIM's (which are made by WoodenHead) and I will say I heard some differences in those 20 minutes. But I won't say for better or worse as I have not yet performed an A/B comparison between the two shipped to me. And thus far I've only listened to a couple of 20 and 30 year old recordings.

Somewhere in the next few days, I'll swap in the other outlet. In the meantime, my wife is trying to steam open the envelope that contains the answer.

I'll keep you posted.

-IMO
They are the same receptacle of course. Ed may have even inadvertently gotten them mixed up! But the cryoed unit is easily identified by something I have done to it. It will be really embarassing for us cryo fans if you can't idenifty it Stehno! My suggestion is to do lots of listening for a week or so with one receptacle and then use the other one. In that situation, my experiences are that the differences are easily idenifiable. I'm not so sure about this quick A-B switching back and fourth when something new is introduced into any system.