Isolation/coupling: basics?

I feel I need some education in this regard, and I guess I'm not alone... I read most of the discussions about it, but I couldn't find the basics: why?
Could anyone who understands the physics behind all this explain why those vibrations, resonances, and energies are that bad, especially for components without moving parts, such as amps?
dmitrydr
Guys, extraction/write speed doesn't directly relate to a sound quality, it depends on HOW do you extract the audio data to HDD, and what CD-R drive you use to write it back.

Getting back to the subject :)...
Sean, you play a lot with isolation. You haven't find any satisfying explanation of the phenomenon (impact of vibration to a CD player other then just data read error which may not be a problem if Eldartford is right) from engeneering perspective?
This is beginning to sound like the old "bits is bits" discussion. To the naive engineer (such as myself), the digitally encoded music signals would seem to avoid all the mechanical vibration issues which dominate analog turntable playback. Yet, there is a shocking difference in the sound of various CD players - error correction or not. The degree of vibration isolation in CD transports and players is a distinguishing product feature. In my experience, the sound of a CD player can be affected by vibration coupling or isolation - this has been reported by many people in these forums.

From my perspective, the effects of vibration on an audio system are undeniable and can be profound. What I would like is a "model" which correctly describes this. (Perhaps that was the question that started this post). Vibration can affect the analog circuits in a CD player, but how do they affect the digital stream or the DA conversion? Perhaps there is a mechanism for modulating the timing of the converted signal? Or are there also errors involved?
Sean...And I'm not saying that you are wrong either, (about sonic effects) but that the technical explanations which heve been put forward don't seem adequate. I will remain a skeptic until one of the following happens:
1. An objective test of some sort (I suggested one) shows that vibration affects the equipment (to an audible extent).
2. A terchnical explanation that I can't fault.

If I personally hear an effect, it will be hard for me to remain a skeptic, but I will try to do so because I know how easy it is to fool oneself.
So if you knew it were to vibrate and you knew of a way to direct the vibration away from its own self would you be inclined to dampen the initial vibrating device?...Tom
Vibration is bad, except in loudspeaker cones. Isolation and coupling are good. But at some point, the law of diminishing returns sets in. My equipment does not require the extreem measures which some other folk find necessary.