Cryo treated wires?

What difference does it make? Has anyone compared the before and after result?
rainchild
I am using some cryo treated cables.I sent some OTA to be treated and have 2 Digital IC's I am evaluating(1 treated\1 not).

I think there is a difference.More things underneath the music are revealed.The OTA cable is fast to begin with and this stuff seems to give it a touch more of prevelence all the way around.

There might be a drawback for me though.I use a ART DIO which seems to not get a lock as much using the Treated cable.

I am stil testing it though.

I dop think there is a benefit from the scientific view.Kharma speaker's Cryo their XO's and some major wire companies I have read use the process in ultra expensive cable.There are Mic Magnified photo's of what the surface of metals look like before and after the process and it looks smoother.It might take the airpockets out of the metal making it a better conductor.These things I have read.

To each there own.If done incorrectly it can damage the conductor also.You have to make certain that who you send it to people who know what they are doing.Ray Kimber is experimenting with it now and bought a Dewar Tank so it is becoming more common place.

I will be having new speaker's wired with it and I will have my outlets cryo treated.I think in theory it works ,but YMMV.

Good Luck!
I have personally done some experimentation with deep immersion cryo treatment v. non-cryo’d on numerous AC outlets, electrical wiring 10 gauge of various types, to a lesser extent power cords, interconnects and very shortly speaker cables (waiting to get some back from being cryo’d and cable-cooked).

I agree with Jena labs, in most cases to my ears “the item that was cryo’d is quieter in noise floor and more revealing of subtle musical nuances”. I have personally heard this for myself on my tube system and solid state system including on Psychicanimal’s system.

The question is, does the listener prefer the alteration in sound? There have been times for example where Bob Crump (and I agree because it has happened to me also) has stated that he did not prefer the sound of a certain item that was cryo’d, and other times he preferred it.

I suggest that readers listen and deiced what sounds best to them on their own system because many times I have noticed that items are system dependent. I’ve also learned that cryo treatment many time’s makes a mediocre item more equal to an expensive counter part that is not cryo’d.
Lak brings up an interesting point with outlets- many have compared and heard the difference in cryo treated outlets vs. non cryo treated outlets.
I have also heard the huge difference between cryoed and non-cryoed outlets. I have not done cryo on any wires or power cords, but can recall reading a post at Audioasylum suggesting that alloys (ie. power contacts in receptacles) probably respond more to cryo treatment than a non alloy metal with a very high purity. I don't know whether this is true or not, having no experience with it, but simply present the idea in the context of the outlets being very easy to distinguish, with the possibility of improvements in cables and power cords possibly being more subtle.
Cyro treating is like everything else in this hobby. It will change the sound of your system compared to non-cyro'd wires. This change had been beneficial to many, but not for everyone who has tried it. Getting more or less of something from the cable change, can just as likely throw a system out of balance, as correct it.