Rules on Review...

HI AuGoNers. since i am fairly new to this hobby and very interested on readding reviews on items.the thing i am a little confuse about is,seem like most of the reviews are good reviews.seem like every one think the itemthey are reviewing worth more then what it cost..is there a rule out there that one can not do a bad review? how come i dont see any review that tell us a certain item is so bad that we should not bother with it?.i am not just talking about the reviews on audiogon.. the 1 on magazines are also included.if any one have any link to a bad review please post it up,so i can see it..thanks
ttrhp
No, there's no rule like that. It's just that everybody likes their equipment, so they say it is the best stuff around. Just natural I guess. There has been alot of talk about the reviews. I don't know how it will pan out. I suppose we'll just wait and see how it goes.
Its Simple. If someone pays you 10K for a full page add are you going to poo on thier gear. No you find a way to tell the story like the MFG who gave you 10K to write nice things about thier overpriced Junk.

The only worthy reviewer are your own 2 EARS.
their was a bad review in stereophile of the Richard Gray power conditioner by Johnathon Scull
Ttrhp, If you like to read what the consumer has to say, check http://www.audioreview.com/reviewscrx.aspx
Ttrhp, In that most of us have written reviews of our present systems, I think it will be hard to find any bad. If the reviewer has listed equipment they owned before so for comparision, you might be able to read into it a bit. I hope as this review formatt roles out we will see some less flattering reviews. I am keeping a list of comments to discuss with Audiogon about this very topic, thanks for starting another thread on reviews, I know your comments are worthwhile.