Richard Gray's Power Company

This is a huge inductor in parallel with the power line. It's supposed to act like an electronic flywheel to smooth out power supply fluctuations. I like the concept. Has anyone had personal experience with this device? Did you use it with the low powered front-end components, the high powered amp, or everything? What improved or worsened?
jlambrick
I know one thing for sure Duke, if I'm ever in the market for Sound Labs or any product you sell, you're the man.

Sincerely, Will

PS My wife loves bed and breakfast joints and I really dig jazz
sean

no good old boy network here ;-)
(besides I'm a transplanted northerner)

I have met Duke through the N.O. audiophile group - nice guy

As Duke says Richard is a real prince of a man, he isn't the salesman type, and he tools around with really cool old gear.

His power companies are sold through dealers, not directly. They can be system dependent - actually more wiring/power grid dependent. But I know many companies show their best equipment using them. The detail is quite resolving. I'm still deciding between his unit and an equi=tech balanced power configuration

tom
Audiotomb,I have heard both,there is, I feel no valid way to compare these two products.I tried the Gray product in my audio only system///it killed it.I have a friend with dedicated room built from scratch up, no cost restraints Revel/Levinson/Equi-Tech system sounds great.Of course he did all the wiring right from the start as it should be done ...if at all possible.PS- Equi-Tech told my friend power conditioning was not needed with their systems.Tom
Audiotweak, do you believe Equi=Tech? Where's their specs? None whatsoever. Charging what they charge they *better* say one does not need anything else!
I was born a skeptic with an open mind. Anyone with a sharp pencil can write specs. Ask the IRS. Like I said the Gray stuff killed my system. From its creation, my friends system was built out from the Equi-Tech panel. I can only comment on what I heard of his system. Sounded very, very good.I did not rip into his system to add a external power conditioner. Next time I put my hands on a Gray product, I will take it to my friends house, give it a listen and report my impressions back on the forum.Tom