Phase inverting preamps

Apologies in advance for this newbie question. I was reading some reviews of preamps and a couple said that the preamp "inverts phasing" and that this would have to be accounted for elsewhere in the system. I know what phasing means, but how and where does one allow for it elsewhere in the system?
4yanx
If the preamp is phase inverting it is merely switching the right and left chanels, so all you have to do to correct that is switch them back again. There are several places where you can do that...you can reverse all of the individual component hookups (plug left into right and right into left), switch the left and right cables between the preamp and amp, or switch the speaker wire hookups at the amp output. Do one of those...not all three. I switched the left and right cables between my preamp and amp...that was the easiest for me.
Thanks, Phild. Does this in any way compromise sound quality? And, why would the maker of a preamp produce a unit that inverts phasing? Is there something specific they are trying to achieve that is negated by reversing the phasing elsewhere? Seems like it would be easier just to make the preamp without inverting the phase. Is it a cost savings measure?
If it's inverting phase, it's inverting push/pull (+/-) signals. To correct this, you need to change your speaker connections.

KP