Words From the Wise

Hello fellow Audiophiles and Audio Enthousiast. I've been in the game for a little over 4 months now and I've learned tonnes of stuff along the way thanks to some very knowledgeable people on this website and in my local community (but mostly on this website).

I'll get right to the point.

Whether you are new to the game or a veteran I'm curious to hear your thoughts on the top 5 things you would tell a fellow Audiophile to better his/her enjoyment of this wonderful hobby. Please use point form or short paragraphs
buckingham
Its all about the transducers, the things that change one form of energy to another. Its the things we understand the least, have conflicting ideas about, and spend a lifetime trying to understand. Investing in speakers and acoustics usually yields the best results (that's what they do in the best professional recoding studios).

Brad
Transaudio, I guess I agree. I have always moved back and forth between differ types of drivers and never really happy with any, except for a short time. Presently, I am very happy with the Tidal Contriva diacera SEs, but if past history allows any prediction, this will be short-lived.
Speakers, transducers being the weakest link, are the prime determinant to the overall quality of your system. Buy the best speaker you can afford and then choose an amp to drive them. Once that's done, your choice of analogue or digital source is wide open. You can play anthing you want to its best advantage with the right speaker/amp combination.
Rep4ever, I used to agree with you but now don't. My experiences with vibration control suggest that even miniscule vibrations can make music reproduction fail to have the realism it might have. One company's introduction (StillPoints) of many devices with their new "technology in isolation feet has given me sound that I thought I would never hear out of reproduced music. All that I can say is that very small vibration that are not somehow excluded ones system ruin your sound whether you have great speakers or poor ones.