The Best Audio Dealer

My vote for the best dealer award goes to Mario,owner of TOYS FROM THE ATTIC [email protected] This guy helped me break into analog.I made alot of mistakes because "Dave,you don't listen" Any way Mario was always to the rescue.He,over the phone has helped me build an awesome sounding stereo.He has always given me the Best price and I know he hasnt made much money from me.He calls me on occasion to see "whats up" I have never met the man or been to his shop because its over 300 miles away
david99
Terry is the president and owner of Overture. 1.) He sold me a Levinson 27.5 at a "discount" price. The then new, and better, 331 arrived at his place days later at an even lower price than the "discounted" older version. He claims it slipped his mind that the new 331 was arriving and that it would be cheaper. 2.)He stated that Overture did not deliver when I bought my speakers. However, a friend bought speakers from Overture and they were promptly delivered to him. I have gotten rid of everything that I purchased from Overture to sever all ties. I refuse to ever buy from them again even though they are only 15 minutes away. Don't take my word, contact the folks at Soundex of Willowgrove, PA where he used to work, prior to opening up his own place. Sorry everyone, Carl wanted to know.
I would have to agree with Jkphoto. Hands down! John at the Audio Connection is great. I moved to PA and I'm still going to John for my gear. Great guy, honest, and truly loves music.
Sounds to me like he was just trying to sell product (like any salesman would), and you felt he owed you favors as a personal friend (letting you know about the new Levinson, when perhaps you should have researched it more...not that it's my place to criticise, we all make mistakes). I've found that in general, you can't be friends with those who sell you merchandise, because it's always about money deep down. You can't expect a bigger shop to treat you like a king, or something. Perhaps Terry just had something personal against you (not delivering the speakers, with you living so close by), or perhaps he really is a bad guy...I don't know. Either way, I've heard worse "I got screwed" stories, and you should count yourself lucky yours isn't among them. Specialty Hi-Fi is a nasty business, and contrary to all the propoganda by the "feel good" crowd, we all get bitten sooner or later.........................Kinda like driving a car, sooner or later you'll have an accident...so wear your seatbelt, and don't drive in a transfer truck's blind spot (I see too many people doing this on interstate highways). In other words, don't set yourself up to take a big loss before you make a big purchase in audio. All the best, Carl.
Carl, you have made me feel so much better about my experience with Overture. You are right, I guess, getting screwed a little bit is much better than getting screwed a lot. I do consider myself lucky!