Great Customer Service

I just wanted to tell everyone about a great customer service experience I just had. I purchased a gently used Krell KPS30i cd player a few months ago here on Audiogon. A few days ago while changing cd's I dropped and broke the magnetic clamp that hold cd's in place. I emailed Krell inquiring about buying a replacement clamp, they promptly emailed me back saying they were looking into the availability and price of another clamp. Well today I get an email from them saying they have a clamp and would be mailing it to me free of charge immediately. Keep in mind I am the second owner and this unit is far out of warranty. I think this is a great example of a company going above and beyond. I'm not a big solid state guy and I've never owned anything by Krell before, but I would certainly consider them in the future based on this. I know they get bashed a lot, and hey if you don't like the way something sounds you're certainly entitled to your opinion, but customer service like this can't be faulted.
128x128jond
I also am very pleased with the service and attention I have received from Krell. As mentioned above, email responses to my questions and concerns have been promptly. Prices were reasonable considering the work I had done. Two summers ago, I contacted Krell, packed up the mono blocks, pre-amp, & phono sections, and headed east. Since I delivered the equipment to their location (with Nrchy's help) we got to spend some time in their plant, and got a tour of almost the whole place (they would not let us into the super secret testing area where their new speakers were being checked out). All in all, a fine bunch of people, and a great company.
Service will definitely enter into my future decisions to buy. I've had great encounters with some folks (like Pass Labs). Others who treated me without goodwill, compassion or honesty will remain unnamed, but my dollars will speak for me in the future. Indeed, I will consul others to avoid several companies and dealers whenever I get the opportunity.
I have always had great service from Krell. If they
can do something for you they will.

To Jjmali: If you are waiting for caps, it is because
you are waiting for the right caps. On a KRC it is
quite possible the caps have to meet a specific spec
and they have to be hand picked to match other components
in the unit. I know I would wait.

diode
A few years back I purchased a 3 year old used Krell 200 FPB here on the Gon. A couple months later the amp started to smoke and shut down. I called Krell and told them what had happen and how I had gotten the amp. They asked for the serial number and gave me an RA number for return shipping. Two weeks later I called and asked if they had looked at it and if so how much would the repairs cost? The nice lady told me my amp had just shipped out and there was no charge. If and when I give up my tubes Krell will be my first choice.