The Best Inexpensive Wines Available Now

I'm always on the lookout for good wines at a fair value. Ok so maybe cheap wines that taste expensive. Anyway, are there wines that you've had recently that you would consider a terrific value for the price? I personally enjoy the merlot and chardonnay from Clos du Bois which both cost about $14 in New Hampshire. To relax with a glass of either and listen to my music (classical and jazz) does make the early evening sit pleasingly well.
128x128jcbach
2001 Yangarra Park Shiraz Appelation Series McLaren from McLaren Valley. Best bang for the buck if you can find it. Highly recommended by Wine Spectator. Under $15 and better than most $30 wine.
I'd don't know if "meritage" refers specifically to Bordeaux style blends from California, or if it can refer also to Aussie ones... but Peter Lehmann makes a very nice Barossa Valley one called "Clancy's." Am drinking it now and it is really a winner. Needs an hour in the decanter to open up.
Whatever good import in your collection (thus available) that you bought before the dollar became worthless and the Californians took advantage of the pent up demand for the 2001s. The term Meritage is now applied randomly to virtually any blend of varietals from countries that previously used straight varietal names instead of apellations. Since it's Summer any Portuguese Vihno Verde (white) is still a bargain. Its low alcohol and sometimes has a light bottled secondary (tertiary technically) fermentation giving it a cremant style fizz. For heavy reds, I stay with hunting for the last of the 2000 Cru Burgeoise and Superier Bordaeux. Since the availability varies by region I can make only a NJ recommendation Ch. Moulin Rouge (no joke its excellent).
I second the smoking Loon's Merlots @ may be around $10.00. Another one I recently discovered that slightly surpasses the smking loon is the Ironstone Vineyards Merlots @ $8.99
I recently discovered a great cheap wine: Rex Goliath (label features a picture of a 47 lb. rooster). This California Central Coast wine comes in cabernet sauv. or merlot. Both are quite good, but I think I prefer the merlot. Cost: only $5.75/bottle or so - less if one buys a case.