Your System vs. Live Music, or how close to live..

How close does your system come to reproducing live music, on a scale of 1 to 100? Please tell me what components are in your system. Also, state your preference for either analog or digital. Thank you.
ultrakaz
I have a pretty good system (if you care to see what's in it as of a while back, check the Best System You Ever Built thread), and have heard a lot of fine systems, and I'd have to fall in the camp of Jvia and Slartibartfast, I don't think you can get more than 10-15 on your scale from any system, at least for large scale classical music, and maybe a little higher for smaller scale ensembles. Dynamics and sheer volume are always compromised by reproducing systems (as well as the recording equipment itself), even for solo voice and instruments, and my system can only offer a creditable approximation of an orchestra going full bore. I feel analog gets me closest, SACD and 24/96 next, with CDs third. Note that I'm not saying that you can't enjoy what a stereo/full surround system can give you, but it just can't really be compared, in my view, to the real thing--a different reality, if you will.
I would consider myself to have a high grade audiphile system. When i go to a live jazz performance, I would say that when compared to my system, I achieve under 20%...nothing like the sound of the wood in a real instrement
Even discounting the visual ambience, no-where near. As mentioned by Rc, Jvia, Slartibartfast and Mzn50 above, reproduced music is just that: reproduced. A beautiful experience, nevertheless, and one that offers some advantages over live: where can you hear Furtwangler --or Klemperer, or S-R Vaughan, or T Monk, or Miles, etc (endless list)-- live?
Cheers