Techno Anyone?

Does any body on this forum every listen to techno type music? I do a little and am amazed at how good some of it actually sounds and it also tends to be very adventurous. Or are most of you the Tech*NO* crowd which I would understand.
tireguy
If you want to watch the eyeballs bug out of salespeople's socket's and see just how fast that they can sprint to the volume control, try playing a few cuts of off the last disc by Master entitled "Faith is in Season". Make sure that you tell them that it needs to be played at a listening level common to "metal heads" BEFORE it starts. I have had two different sales people in different shops make comments to the effect of "this is the kind of music that breaks stuff"... While it's not techno, it does have killer kick drums going non-stop. It is the disc that i use to see just how well a speaker will hold up at high volumes with LOTS of very fast deep bass. Sean
>
I've got a bunch of 12 inch vinyl from the late 80's; Cetu Javu, T99, Paul Rutherford, Section 25,Propaganda, Peter Schilling, etc... It does sound great and I still love to listen to it. I am more glad than ever that I bought it and kept it!
There are excellent "techno" oriented albums that aren't in the least bit boring or repetitive, and the sound quality is excellent. Early Chemical Brothers, Crystal Method, Juno Reactor, Fluke.....these are all much better than the one techno album most audiophiles seem to always have Leftfield "leftism" although I have that one also.

Scon90, I have a very rare Section 25 CD "From The Hip" from early 80's which contains the fabulous song "Looking from a Hilltop" great stuff.

Ohlala you have great music taste also, I have some Oakenfold , Van Dyk, Sasha, Digweed etc however this is more in the trance/house music genre. The "global underground" series is good introduction to this scence.
Lords of Acid "lust" CD is great also.
Post removed 
Very much so. Kraftwerk, i have been listening for last twenty years, on and off. Always fascinating, particulary played in high end rig. Try Orbital and The future sound of london (where are they now?)for sound quality and very inventive complex layered hooks. The future sound of London is a geniuses in the making, just listen to the 'Lifeforms', ' dead cities' and 'ISDN'. Orbital too, the 2d album all the way to theire latest have very well defined sound stage and great music to go with. Early Chemical brothers and Prodigy music is also execellent. Try Photek's Risk and Reward and Modus Operandi for ass kicking Bass. Leftfield's leftism alos a standout. Fluke, source direct and the very Unique but at times repitative the UNDERWORLD. Who can argue with MOBY' dance music finesse.
If you really wanna scare the high end salon sales rep, try one of many Miami style BASS cds, with ultar low bass. Like BASS 305, TECHMASTER P.E.B, TECHNOBASS CREW, BASS CUBE to mention few. The first 3 have been consistently putting out very good bass heavy tunes.. If you can stand BASS BASS BASS chanting every minute. I have about 100+ techno CDs, 150+ classical, 100+ jazz, 50 plus classic rock, 10 plus rap, 50 +pop, 50 + world music CDS. Just to show that I started with techno and now I have good music from almost all types. Thoes BASS CD's are great for IN-CAR listening, just make sure that woofers and amps (and you ears) are up to the task.