The Beatles

What the hell is the fascination with the beatles??? Please can anyone tell me why anybody likes them??? They were horrible musicians, their music was sugarcoated pop with cute hooks and they took themselves to be serious music writers with a message. Beethoven would probably would have laughed
shubertmaniac
Cornfed: I just tried to pick up a copy of "All Things" today and was told Late February for the remaster. I have always used vinyl, but after not even having a system for 15 years, I went with digital this time. I had never played or heard a CD, on a decent system, until nine months ago. I have had quite a lot of difficulty getting the sound that I was looking for with digital, but just stumbled across the magic combination of DAC, transport and cables etc, for me, and am very happy with the results right now (especially with well engineered disks).
dekay: i have sources in the recording biz (my older son and his dj wife-whoa!). anyway, i'll check out actual release dates. i can usually get stuff a month or more ahead of announced release dates.
Thanks Tubegroover for reminding me of the great cutting edge work by Pat Boone. The intire music industry owes it's great rewards to this "master".
Cornfed: No hurry, the last time I heard "I am Jeep" was in the summer of 1972 on a Sansui quad set up in Hawaii:-)
PS: I did find some gems other than "All Things", Fleetwood Mac - Kiln House and the BBC Sessions, "The Best of Chaka Khan" volume one and Dudley Moore "Live from an Aircraft Hangar".