BESIDES MOFI WHATS THE BEST L.P.s?

I only listen to Vinyl.I know MOFI is the best but I am not wiling to pay the high prices for whats out there.I listen to mostly rock.What is the next best easily avaliable? I have several DCC and Simply Vinyl L.P.s some sound great,some dont.Please point me in the right direction.Whats the best place to buy also. Thanks all!!
david99
I suppose it all depends on the type of music you like. For classical, the best sounding ones remain US early pressings of RCA Living Stereo and Mercury Living Presence. For classic rock, I'd differ that MOFI's always sound better. In fact, many of them sound (at least on my system) way too bassy and enhanced, although they usually are much quieter. Main reason to buy them is that they're usually (emphasize "usually") clean and in good shape as the people who invested in them tended to take good care of them. Sonically, I prefer the english pressings for the analog-like sound, but japanese pressings can sometimes provide tremendous detail (although they tend to sound a little more analytical). Bottom line, like everything else it all varies. A good place to start for specific recordingds may be may be The Absolute Sound records to die for list (downloadable free from their website www.theabsolutesound.com. Enjoy your listening,...
Telarc digital LP's were good but you won't find any rock recordings of those that I'm aware of. Sheffield's direct to disc were good. Some of the Nautilus super discs and the CBS Master Sound Series are excellent recordings. I think all of these were 1/2 speed recordings except for the Telarc, not sure what they were recorded at, but they sure sounded good to me. The best place that I have found to acquire these recordings are on ebay.com. Hey, Maybe I shouldn't have told you this, you might end up bidding against me. Just kidding, It's a blast bidding on these albums, and sometimes you really get a great price. I try not to bid on anything less than Mint (sealed) or Near Mint. You have to be careful, you could end up with some noisey LP's. I also wouldn't count out the regular LP recordings, some of those sounded super. You can find alot of those still sealed on ebay, and are a great buy. Hope this helps.
Finding a good used record store and finding many on the labels as stated by A2z I also liked alot of the polydor lps and of course the RCA Living Stereo and Mercury lps as also stated by Linamine and all the above mentioned but I do also enjoy my MOFI lps too
Classic Records, Analog Productions a very close second. Both are reissues of older works. To not buy them is to miss out, IMO. No, I have no vested interest...in fact, they owe me for all I've bought at retail, it seems to me.
I've been consistently impressed w/ Classic Records and Analogues Productions also (the Monk box set from the latter is amazing). A bit put off by MoFi in recent purchases (low number pressings of the MJQ records), but most of my MoFi's are pretty good. DCC's are geat also..keep waiting for Music Direct to deliver on their promise to start issuing new pressings on this lable!!. The recent EMI re-issues on Vinyl are quite good (though I do not like most of the music they have chosen to re-issue!). I am lucky enought to travel to Europe often on business, and usually find plenty of London Bluebacks, London ffrs, and original EMI classical pressings. Usually perfect, and seldom more than $5 a pop :-). Best city so far is Brussels, where they practically give the classical albums way (there are about ten good used recod stores there!). Great place for orignal UK pressings of rock/pop, including Decca Rolling Stones and Beatles Parlophones