Best female vocals on CD

Want recommendations for Female recordings on CD. Thanks Joe
jwstannese647
r_burke, thanks for the Jennifer Warnes tip. I first heard of her in the mid to late eighties with that horrible song, Time of Our Lives. That song turned me off Jennifer Warnes for a long time. Based on the feedback on this forum I decided to give another try and her stuff before the eighties is great! Blue Raincoat is great as well. Thanks again.
Can such a thread be complete without mentioning Eydie Gorme? "The Look Of Love"...
Donna Summer. Wonderful voice trapped in the sticky resin of 70s pop.
Honorable mention: the alto section if the Choeur de l'Orchestre de Paris. Barenboim conducts Stravinsky's "Symphony of Psalms", Erato CD featuring le Sacre du Printemps. Those alti, oooohhhh, they make my hindbrain's "Ice Cream, Yay!" receptors fire in volley.
I didn't have time to read each thread. Did anybodyy mention Fiest? If not, then Fiest. And Bonnie Raitt Souls alike. She's in your living room on this recording!
Must agree with Redkiwi above. One recording in particular by Ms. Horne with wonderful intimacy is "You Won't Forget Me" on Verve. The title track has a little noodling by Miles Davis. The track entitled If You Go will kill you.

For great jazz vocal selections and sterling sound, "All My Tomorrows"- Carol Kidd on Linn Records.