Another sign SACD is dying

I went to Best Buy to purchase some SACDs and after searching for the special section containing sacds and xrcds without success, I asked the salesman where they were. He informed me that they were all removed since dual disc is now the rage. WOW!
jmslaw
Since my last post on December 1, almost 60 additional SACD titles have been added to sa-cd.net.

Today, Sony announced 2 more SACD releases....John Mayer's "Room For Squares" and Switchfoot's "The Beautiful Letdown".
John Mayer, that's great news!!! I don't know Switchfoot, please tell me it's not my age showing.
Interesting article I saw today:

Media, tech companies team up on high-definition TV

By Robert MacMillan

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Several media and electronics companies on Wednesday said they are developing technology guidelines that could make it easier for people to enjoy high- definition television programing throughout their home- entertainment systems.

The guidelines would allow people to transfer high- definition TV and movies, audio and other entertainment between their television sets, computers and other gadgets without the hassle of multiple connecting wires and remote controls, the High-Definition Audio-Video Network Alliance said.

The group's founders include Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. and General Electric Co.'s (GE) NBC Universal television networks.

Other participants include cable operator Charter Communications Inc. (CHTR), electronics manufacturer Mitsubishi Digital Electronics America Inc. (6503), JVC and server computer-maker Sun Microsystems Inc. (SUNW).

The group will make it possible for people to watch their video when and where they want, said Richard Doherty, research director at the Envisioneering Group.

"It's your choice since there's only going to be a fixed number of slots in a week where (broadcasters) can put a three- hour movie or a three-hour sporting event," Doherty said.

Such convenience typically requires a "rat's nest of wires," he said.

The first compatible products will go on sale around the 2006 holiday season, said Heemin Kwon, the group's president and a vice president and general manager at Samsung Electronics Co .

They also are expected to be on display at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Nevada, in January.

One of the group's goals is to let people simultaneously watch, pause and record up to five video channels on high- definition televisions. It also is developing a way to let people use a single remote to control all entertainment devices on a home network.

The companies said they plan to work with industry organizations such as the Consumer Electronics Association, CableLabs and the Motion Picture Association of America on the guidelines.

In an attempt to prevent piracy of digital programing, home networks using the standard will be outfitted with copyright protection that would still let people shift content between devices, the group said.
We love SACD so much...don't we??? Will do anything to keep this thread going!!
The creator of this post probably was hoping to banwagon a bunch of people into thinking SACD was dead, so he can avoid upgrading his redbook player. It's funny how it turned into a very hopeful outlook for SACD. And this is based on fact not just hype.