Another sign SACD is dying

I went to Best Buy to purchase some SACDs and after searching for the special section containing sacds and xrcds without success, I asked the salesman where they were. He informed me that they were all removed since dual disc is now the rage. WOW!
jmslaw
quadophile

I too have purchased a couple of the living stereo SACD's and was astounded by how good they sound. I bought them from tower records for around 8-10 bucks apiece with free shipping. And just as others have said SACD (hybrids) are not going away anytime soon. I too am finding more and more new releases everyday. And more manufacturers are making universal players. So I would say rest easy and enjoy the music.

Chuck
It really isn't fair to compare the 3-channel SACD with the LP mixed down, from the 3-channel masters, to 2-channel.
Chuck,

Thanks, I will :)

Eldartford,

I wish I had the LP to compare to but found out a friend has it, one of these days we plan to get together and listen to both. As for my setup, it is only two channel so I guess a comparision would be justified since both would be heard inb plain stereo.
Well SACD is an improvement over redbook, and gets much closer to vinyl, but vinyl is clearly the best of the 3 no matter how you look at it.

But it would be nice to eventually get a format that was almost the same strictly for convenience (i.e. the way digital cameras are getting very close to 35mm film).

Rob
"06-23-05: Eldartford wrote: It really isn't fair to compare the 3-channel SACD with the LP mixed down,from the 3-channel masters, to 2-channel."

What's not fair? Any version/remastering of the same source can be reasonably compared with any other. The issue is whether you draw responsible conclusions.

Kal