a observation on Coldplay

You may say what you will about their music but what grabs me is the lovely chemistry they have... the four sods have gobs of it.If you have ever played in bands you know how hard that part is to find.Peace
brucegel
That is true. Although, Chris Martin seems to be succumbing to Prima Donna syndrome after the last couple of recent shows I've seen.
I agree and think Coldplay are wonderful. As for Chris Martin, I don't see it as my right or responsibility to have an opinion of someone that I have never met "personally".

I love the music of Mile Davis, but I have read books and seen documentaries that show that he was a terrible husband and father. I just (try to) separate personal and professional. The music is what the artist give us and I leave it at that.

As for Mr. Martin being a Prima Donna, I always liked when Bono (U2) did his act. Watching a Christian dress up as a "Washed Up Devil" is sarcasm at it's finest and very entertaining. "Celebrity" is something that a person should never get good at. Peace!

Brian
Great response Brian...just because someone is a schmuck doesnt negate the fact that he/she is a wonderful musician.
Mmmmm...I really enjoyed Coldplay's debut it was charming and innocent and could be enjoyed on that level.
However the second one seemed like an attempt to pull off something that was flawed in conception and execution.
It really did seem to be trying (some of the lyrics are awful)to be full of life experience moments but merely sounding like a young man's angst.It had it's moments but they really do seem like Diet-Radiohead.

In comparison to a record like The Bends or even OK Computer they are nowhere.

I do look forward to the new one and you can dress it up how you like but Chris Martin has issues (ego,fame,hair etc.),sure we all do but we don't all front a band whose record just sold 11 million and insists in talking to the press and making some er..interesting statements.

It'll be interesting to see if the new in June is worth the time and effort they've put in.The NME in the UK yesterday gave it 9 out of 10 in their review but it didn't read like that interesting a record.....time will tell