Jazz Guitar

I love jazz (mainly horns). I have lots of piano and horn based jazz. I would relly like to get some of the great guitar based jazz that I hear from time to time.

Please give any recomendations you may have. Sound quality is second priority to content. Old recordings of less than extraordinary sound quality are fine.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.
bignerd100
Assuming a more traditional style, and perhaps some lesser known titles from the 'usual suspects':

• Wes Montgomery - 'Smokin' at the Half Note' and 'Far Wes'
• Lenny Breau - 'Cabin Fever' and 'The Last Sessions'
• Tal Farlow - 'The Swinging Guitar of Tal Farlow' and 'The Return of Tal Farlow'
• Gene Bertoncini - 'Body and Soul'
• Joe Pass - 'Virtuoso'
• Bireli Lagrene - 'Standards'
• Tiny Grimes - 'Blues Groove' with Coleman Hawkins
• Pat Metheny - 'Bright Size Life'
• Hank Garland - 'Move! The Guitar Artistry of Hank Garland'
• Pat Martino - 'Footprints'
• Jimmy Raney - 'A'
• Johnny Smith - 'Moonlight in Vermont' with Stan Getz
• Grant Green - 'Idle Moments'
John McLaughlin is certainly expresive and dynamic as was Larry Coryell in his earlier years. Joe Pass is very melodic esp on his solo albums (three of them).
Two truly outstanding Canadian jazz guitarists that are up there with the best: Ed Bickert and Jake Langley. Just purchased Jake Langley's newest release "Diggin Out", a trio session with Joey Defrancesco on Hammond B3 and Terry Clarke on drums: this guy can play!
OK,OK, no one has mentioned Lee Ritehour..."Captain Fingers" is a classic I should have not forgotten...Wow you got some great responses. Think I will be sampling some of these suggestions...
Another contemporary artist is Anthony Wilson. Also, for Latin Jazz check out Compay Segundo and Eliades Ochoa.