Dead Can Dance's Into the Labyrinth

Anybody on this one? Just picked it up, after hearing Srajan, from 6moons, talking on Audio Asylum, about this cd he heard at the CES Show in Las Vegas. Actually, what I'm interested in is Dead Can Dance. Other cds. Background. Whatever. thanks in advance. peace, warren
128x128warrenh
Those of you who are fans of Cocteau Twins ( or more precisely Liz Fraser's mesmorising voice) and Lisa Gerard of DCD should also check out the 4AD label 'Song to the Siren' 12 inch EP and 'Lonely as an Eyesore' LP which has a couple of haunting tracks unreleased on their own albums.

Liz Fraser has also done some tracks with Massive Attacks album 'Mezzanine' and an album with FSOL 'Lifeforms'
anybody for a used Mortal Coil? $10 with shipping. Not my cup of java. Not even close. I'll save the critique. Thanks for the suggestion, though. I gave it two listens. I would have canned it on the first, but I'm trying to be teachable. peace, warren
Sorry Warren, the danger of suggesting music to people we cannot listen with.

You probably won't like Cocteau Twins either, they have more tracks on the "This Mortal Coil" album than Lisa Gerard .

So, my suggestion would be to listen before considering any other 4AD artists. Obviously Lisa Gerard and "Dead Can Dance" is the most accessible of the 4AD artist, otherwise they would not have shown up in Audiogon forums.

Must say though, I still like Cocteau Twins very much and enjoy "This Mortal Coil" as it is an introduction to the history and sound of these artists, long before they became famous.
Albert, it's the nature of the beast. I have a large and varied music pallid, but, hey, there are just some things that don't do it for me. I'm not into synthesized music as a rule, and overly recorded (I don't know what else to call it) voices become quite fatiguing after a short listen. Man, did Ella sound soooo good after Mortal Coil. and intimate....thanks again.
peace, warren