High energy dance music recommendations?

Does anyone have any recommendations for some high energy dance-type music on cd? You know, the type of thing that makes you want to get up and dance around the room, do some aerobic exercises, that sort of thing.
(I have lost 50 lbs recently. Prior to that, I didn't have the energy or inclination to do this, so I am not familiar with the possibilities. But I have more lbs. to lose, and I think it's a great way to get exercise...
Please ignore the stupid member name!)

Thanks
-Steve
bigpowerballs
Congratulations to you Steve! 50lbs is a pretty significant achievement. Music to move by is a pretty subjective and wide open category. Perhaps if you let us know a few things you've heard that make you want to move around the room others can base their recommendations from your own taste rather than imposing theirs on you. At the risk of doing just that, I can name two Blues artists on the Fat Possum label do it for me, believe it or not. R.L. Burnside and Junior Kimbrough. Some stuff by 16 Horsepower also. I'd take those suggestions with a 5lb bag of salt as these are definitely not uplifting artists by any means. I'm not a dancer by any stretch of the imagination, but that music does make me want to move. A bit more on the up-side: David Byrne and Talking Heads. Insturmental music...anything by Astor Piazzolla.

I'm betting I'm a weird bird where this is concerned. Someone who actually loves to dance will have a wider selection no doubt.

Marco
James Asher's Feet in the Soil. His other discs (Kali Thunder and more) are great for dancing too but this is still my favourite.

Link to Amazon listing
Well, I think it depends on what you mean by "dancing"!! For me, every time I put on either "God Fodder" or "Are You Normal?" by Ned's Atomic Dustbin, I get out of my seat and jump up and down like a spastic monkey!

Does that count?!!

I love Ned's Atomic Dustbin, but it's not for everyone......

Enjoy,

TIC
(Tom In Cincinnati)