Good insturmental sax jazz recommindations

I am just getting in to Jazz, and I love the type of it where there is NO vacals, and has a sax playing. What artist do this with their music? Any recommindations? Thanks alot!!!
sanctusoriumfe05
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Johnny Hodges, Stanley Turentine and Gene Ammons. Although not as popular as some of the above mentioned artists, they are excellent performers.
Someone mentioned Branford Marsalis, I agree and my favourite from him however is the album TRIO JEEPY. Great album to have in anyones collection.
Joe Farrell. Big in the 60's and 70's. Recorded a bunch of times w/ Chick Corea.
Viridian,
Yes, Roland Kirk is amazing, on just about every type of horn. IMHO,The Inflated Tear is the album that most needs a good remaster on 200g vinyl or even better 45rpm. Sublime music, and noisy pressings. Cheers,
Spencer
Try any of the Jazz Giants series on Fantasy (e.g., Jazz Giants Play Hoagy Carmichael, JG Play Harold Arlen, etc.). Any of these will give you familiar artists (Coltrane, Davis, etc.) playing tunes you'll recognize. Great way to find out who you'd like to buy more of.