How do you fix an ''out of print'' scratched CD ?

I don't know how it could of happened but one of my favorite CD's is skipping and from the looks of it has a scratch on it !!!! No, it's not the equipment...but is there any after market stuff that could fix this ????? This is out of print and I really like this disc.....''The Best of the Band'' .....on Capital.
garebear
EAC is Exact Audio Copy. A software program for copying discs. It is freeware as far as I know. It works great, too.
You might also try Auric Illuminator. I've had good luck with it. Polish the disc and it may play perfectly, or at least better.
I may be wrong on this, but wasn't The Band's material recently remastered, inluding "The Best Of?"
How about this thingamahbob:

http://www.digitalinnovations.com/skipdr/SkipDR_motorized.html

I think it just buffs out the damaged layer.
This thread has been inactive for a while, but here's a trick I've used with moderate sucess.

Polish the disc using a soft cloth and a spray furniture polish like Pledge. The wax gets into the scratches and fills them in. It's hit or miss, but it's a cheap and easy solution. Plus, if it doesn't work, there's no harm done to the remaining tracks.