Your First Concert was.....

My first concert was Arlo Guthrie at the Shaffer (sic) Music Festival in Central Park, NYC. It cost 2 bucks and it was for his "Running Down the Road" album.
dreadhead
Black Sabbath-1972-2 years old. My mom was a metalhead! She still has pics somewhere taken right on the stage-side of Ozzy. He's wearing that ugly brown suede suite with the fringe. She also took me to see Jethro Tull and T.Rex before I was even 5.
Warrenh-

I have to agree with you, that is the first concert of all first concerts. I had a "partially obstructed view" ticket (behind a big pole), and as soon as the Beatles came out I ran down to a landing and stood there to be able to see them. But, as you say, there was little to be heard over the incessant, totally loud, consistent screaming that took place. It was possible to hear them between songs, and when Ringo spoke, and said something like "and now your old and out of tune Beatle will sing for you", and then went right into Boys, I was flattened. They played maybe 30 minutes total. Before they came out Bill Haley played, and I think Martha Reeves too (not sure now who it was), and everytime the beatles were mentioned there was screaming. The MC said a number of times no photos allowed, but in total honest, the entire time the Beatles were on stage it was like daylight, so many flashes, and in thos days cameras used individual little bulbs for the flash, had to be changed with each photo. My dad is now 88, I should ask hi8m if he recalls this concert.
Unamplified and LIVE. I'm guessing the year and if it is correct I was ten years old. Afterwards went backstage to meet Satchmo and got his autographed photo along with those of all the band members.
Mcrheist, yeah, the Carpenters were "not cool" in 1971. However, I have come to really appreciate Karen's voice, and Richard's arrangements were simply brilliant.

Maturity adds to one's wisdom, I guess! Check out the Carpenters " CHRISTMAS PORTRAIT"...you'll see what I mean about his arrangements.