Your First Concert was.....

My first concert was Arlo Guthrie at the Shaffer (sic) Music Festival in Central Park, NYC. It cost 2 bucks and it was for his "Running Down the Road" album.
dreadhead
Unamplified and LIVE. I'm guessing the year and if it is correct I was ten years old. Afterwards went backstage to meet Satchmo and got his autographed photo along with those of all the band members.
Mcrheist, yeah, the Carpenters were "not cool" in 1971. However, I have come to really appreciate Karen's voice, and Richard's arrangements were simply brilliant.

Maturity adds to one's wisdom, I guess! Check out the Carpenters " CHRISTMAS PORTRAIT"...you'll see what I mean about his arrangements.

Deep Purple - Machine Head tour, 1972.

I still remember the experience. I was only eleven years old and I wasn't really sure what to expect. Good Gawd! That one event was seminal in leading me down the slippery slope of life (Drugs, Sex & Rock -n- Roll).
Thank god I've recovered. One of the guys that attended that show with me is no longer here. He never changed his life-style. I think of him with a smile every time I hear Highway Star (he was a true highway star, but he never slowed down).
Good thread.
Interesting thread .. I'd have to say my first real concert was a regional band in northern Wisconsin known as the American Tea Company. The location was either the Depot in Merrill or The Hole in Tomahawk. This was 1967 or 1968. Can't really remember. The lead singer looked and sounded a lot like Jim Morrison, and they had this weird keyboard called a Hammond B3. ;)

I am still going to shows today. In the summer I work in security for Live Nation at Alpine Valley Music Theater in East Troy WI.

Trying to stay focused ...