Live infectious funk jams....quality recordings

Beyond Earth,WInd, and fire-Gratitude
Isley Bros-LIve
Gap Band-Gotta get up

what other live jams
128x128phasecorrect
Does the Maceo crowd here own Roots and Grooves? The extended version of "Pass The Peas" is about as funky as it gets. In my book, anyway.

For the N'awlins types, Allen Toussaint is the city's gift to funky white folk. This is great pop music, all slathered up with funk for those who never leave the French Quarter. The 2 disc Warner Brothers collection is great.

Marty
I am going to sound like a broken record....but the film "My first name is Maceo" is sonically a masterpiece (DVD with 5.1 and Stereo) and extremely infectious live funk: Pee Wee Willis, Maceo Parker and Fred Wesley are supremely impressive in this film about Maceo, which mostly includes coverage of a concert in a club in Hamburg in 1994 coupled with brief interviews with band members. (It appears to be FILMED - which means you get great quality color and no grain as you normally do with most concert footage that is shot by video cameras.) I simply can't recommend this enough!
Does the Maceo crowd here own Roots and Grooves? The extended version of "Pass The Peas" is about as funky as it gets. In my book, anyway.

I have been enjoying this disc again recently. I dug out the jewel case and found the reason why it is so Funky - DENNIS CHAMBERS - man can that guy play "in the pocket" - he is among the best drummers alive today, IMHO. He also happens to be the choice of drummer to fill in for David Garabaldi on Tower of Power. (David being another astonishing drummer) The drum solo Dennis uses is the one he also used recently when he toured with Santana.

The German WDR Cologne Big band is darn tight too. My hats off to such an impressive display musicianship.

Audio is 11 out of 10 - there is a proper preservation of dynamics on this CD - it sounds like realistic live music.