Where do I go from Eva Cassidy?

Try to understand where I’m coming from and please bear with my eclectic taste.

With fleeting exceptions, I listen exclusively to Classical music (professional musician and Classical junkie). I’ve heard all the popular song styles, but nothing really appeals to me (no offense, please). My wife asked for an “Eva Cassidy” (who is she?) album for Christmas. So, I bought her ”Song Bird” and we both loved it! Listening to Eva Cassidy was a transforming experience for me. Beauty, Subtlety, Freshness, Artistry, Poetry, an Essential Spirituality and somehow she makes the unbearable in life suddenly seem--bearable. Everything else (non-Classical) just seemed like meer entertainment (no thanks). Here was a transporting poetic and spiritual experience. Now, I play her all her albums over and over and over…. Eventually, I might also listen to something else (non-Classical)?

But, where to go from here? As fussy and unsatisfied as I am with standard styles of music (again, no offense…), is there any non-Eva suggestion for a special artistic/spiritual experience?—maybe suggested from an Eva Cassidy fanatic who might understand what I mean. (Not contemporary Christian style—I record in that industry—and…well, pass). Something incredibly special, personal, transcending. I tried Diana Krall who sings very well—but, not interested—not on the same creative level, too much in a standard style, sings in a sexy vein (which I liked was not Eva’s intention in my perspective) and not really from a spiritual place. My wife’s Enya CD’s are an improvement.

Where to go from Eva Cassidy…?

Thanks!
montobo
For music with something different, I would also try Julie Miller's My Blue Pony and Broken Things (a bit of a little girl's voice at times). Her husband, Buddy Miller, is a maker of good "country" music. I agree with Linda Thompson, Dreams Fly Away and Fashionably Late, as well as the work with her ex-husband Richard Thompson. Richard's live music, available from the Connection, is also real music. His electric guitar solos on "More Guitar" are some of the best I've ever heard on disk. His accoustic work on Celtschmertz is good too.
I would second Kate Wolf, Iris Dement, and others mentioned above. I might also add Catie Curtis and the Cowboy Junkies earlier albums and Lucinda Williams. I would also add "Live and Pickin" by Doc and Merle Watson as good music that will lighten your spirit.
Check out the beautiful and evocative voice of Mary Black with these albums, "Song for Ireland" and "Looking Back".
Try Susannah McCorkle, Shirley Horn and Sheila Jordan. Someone may have already mentioned Patricia Barber.

Jimmy Scott has a natural upper register voice of unusual character. Not castrati, but with masculine power in what would normally be a female range. Many are initially fooled by his unique voice.
A word of warning, live singers have higher WAF. Whenever I put on Eva Cassady or Kate Wolf mine moans and says "I hear dead people"!!
Swampwalker - Does she do that with Nick Drake too? Damn, I feel your pain! That's cold!

Marco