What was your first music that you paid for?

In fifth grade I received a stereo for Christmas. What a mistake my parents made, I never stopped the hobby. My firat album was Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass with :What Now My Love" my first 45 was "Guitarzan by Ray Stevens and the first 8-track was Frijid Pink.

What was the first music you purchased?
jothompson
First album I owned was the first KISS album, which I received for my 7th or 8th birthday I think. I don't remember the first album I paid for, but it was probably either Queen's News of the World or Styx's Grand Illusion. I also really loved Ted Nugent and The Beatles. K-Mart was the place.
LP- The Music Machine. Had a great rendition of Tax Man.
45-Turtles Happy Together.
Grand Funk Railroad "Mark Don & Mel" Bought the album when it first came out. Still have it.
Now this could give someones age away. First LP was The Doors. I lived in Manhattan Beach California when I was a kid. A few friends and I (this was around the late 1960's)heard loud music playing in a garage that was closed but it was emanating loudly at the time. I was hooked because I remember hearing the song Crystal Ship being played over and over among others and thought that was a cool song. Months later I heard the same song in a record store when their album was released and I was very surprised and I bought it. I will never forgot that.
Although I had been collecting 45's for a short while, I remember my first LP purchase vividly. I was brought along to Toronto with my parents on a trip and ended up at Sam the Record Man, then and for a long while the mecca of record stores in Canada. I spent about four hours looking at album covers but only had the scratch ($5.00) for one album. On my way out I looked at the new releases again and narrowed it down to Paul Revere and the Raiders Greatest Hits vs. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. I chose Paul Revere and have been making the right picks ever since!