What was your first music that you paid for?

In fifth grade I received a stereo for Christmas. What a mistake my parents made, I never stopped the hobby. My firat album was Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass with :What Now My Love" my first 45 was "Guitarzan by Ray Stevens and the first 8-track was Frijid Pink.

What was the first music you purchased?
jothompson
barbara streisand "the way we were" 45 also from woolworth's less than a buck. i beleive this was early 70's. 1st lp chicago vii. first 8 track aerosmith "rocks". anyone remember tsop by mfsb?

aloha keith
I started out eclectic! First two purchases I remember were "The Incredible Bongo Band" and The Jackson 5's "ABC".

Go figure!

TIC
My first was Queen "A Night at the Opera." I bought it at K-Mart and it lasted till my mother read the lyrics. They were not appropriate for our house! I bought it again several years later, but then it was just another LP in the collection. She never noticed it, even though I bought it on a trip our family tok to Germany.
First 45, (that I can remember) "Hey Joe" by the Leaves.
First LP "Rave Up" by the Yardbirds.

First significant stereo, Dynaco integrated, Acoustic Research Table with a nickel glued onto the headshell and big round Empire speakers.
The first I can remember buying is the Stones 45 with "Ruby Tuesday" on one side and " Let's Spend the Night Together" on the other. I believe it was 1965. It's almost 40 years later and still love the music!