any fans of early industrial?

Are there any fans of Throbing Gristle,Psychic Tv,Spk,Dg307 and Einsterzunde Neubaten?I am just curious if any audiogoners are into this wild stuff.Mike from Czech rep
128x128mikedimitrov
Mike, if you see the Hamburger Lady passing by the "collapsing new buildings", let me know : ) Sean
>
I am a avid industrial listener, from death in june, foetus, and caberet voltaire to newer stuff like apotygma bezerk and vnv nation.

patrick
Don't really love any of the groups you list but do have most all works by:
-skinny puppy
-wumpscut
-leatherstrip
-early front 242
-nin
-ministry
-ramstien

This is more industrial metal vs the pure industrial avant/noise style of the groups you list above......I have owned albums by several of them long ago but did not keep them. (Cris & Cosey, Neubaten, SPK, Death in June etc)

Current industrial scence is dominated by EBM dance influenced acts, some of which are OK but generally pretty boring stuff.
Have you tried "Clan of Xymox"? (Sometimes known as just plain "Xymox".)

They are very good, especially the albums "Twist of Shadows", Metomorphosis" and "Creatures". The live album, conveniently titled "Live", is also a very good live album.

The only problem I have with the band, is that none of their newer releases are on Vinyl. Of the albums I mentioned, only "Twist of Shadows" was released on vinyl.
Kurt,
I have all releases by Xymox/CoX, really like them although not really industrial except perhaps the recent excellent Creatures and Notes From Underground......I believe Ronny Moorings was very influenced by work of Wumpscut on these two.

1980's CoX work on 4AD label fit well with other label groups like Cocteau Twins, Dead Can Dance etc