Head Hunters?

My musical tastes are constantly evolving. But, this album by Herbie Hancock reminds me of why I have invested the time and money into this hobby every time I listen to it.

Does anyone else have any "old school" funky-jazz recommendations. This is the one part of my collection that I really want to invest some time and money in.
marsh
Try Osibisa, especially the 1st three albums. And get a load of those Roger Dean-authored covers!

-RW-
Great responses, but I just have to recommend Chick Corea's "Romantic Warrior". Did I ever wear out the LP in my college days! If you like "Head Hunters" you should like "Romantic Warrior".

Enjoy!!
I actually prefer the follw-up to Headhunters titled Thrust. Superb drumming on both.
Well, Hancock has certainly had some real hit or miss albums (how about Bang Da Drum!), but I agree that Headhunters rates among the best fusion.
I too wore out my Head Hunters album in college! Stanley Clarke's School Days is a great recommendation as is Chick Corea's Romantic Warrior. I also recommend Stanley Clarke's self-titled album and Journey to Love. A few more suggestions come to mind...Billy Cobham's Smoking and A Funky Thide of Things, Lenny White's Venusian Summer and Big City.
More to discover