The absolute best and worst-sounding CD you own ?

This could be a tricky one. Many audiophiles and music lovers will care more for an artist they like in mediocre sound than a artist they can't stand no matter how great the recording is. Still, I am interested in finding out what truly outstanding recordings there are out there. Of course there are listening biases and all that can be said about the equipment.

My personnal best: Harry Belafonte at Carnegie Hall

My worst: The standard cd issue ''YES-Fragile'' just plain bad no matter on what you play it on. OK so this is a ''rock'' cd and they are all supposed to sound bad right?, still, there is no excuse for this turkey.

Let's have your choice...
sonicbeauty
yeeeeesssss, ¨Rickie Lee Jones¨, circa 1978, is maybe the best sounding cd i have heard.
This mortal coil´s ¨blood¨ is most excellent,too.

The worst: P.J.Harvey´s ¨is this desire¨...pity, because the songs are excellent... but the bass is out of control most of the time, and the rest of the spectrum is modulated and fierely distorted

Me, from Buenos Aires
Curbach, Springsteen recorded "Nebraska" on a 4-track cassette in a non-studio setting (motel room?).

Fmoreno - that's exactly how P.J. Harvey wants it to sound. She's never made a non-distorted recording in her life. The distortion is part of her signature sound.
Yet another list that makes me glad I'm a music fan rather than an audiophille,a lot of bonkers postings including a guy who states he hates the music but loves the recording!
Nebraska is a classic.
About Alison Krauss and Union Station "Live". Its good no doubt. However "Now that Ive found you: A collection" is the best sounding release from Alison Krauss. The vocals are smoother and more natural sounding, less hiss and breath, more voice. I own all of the hybrid sacd's and the CD layer on all 4 of these are the best cd's I own. I havent even heard the sacd layer yet! I cannot wait.

Rounder records is doing something right!

Vedric
Any SACD recordings that is related to the Police,Doors is the worst transfers I've ever heard.Great groups but the A/D is so bad its so unlistenable...Have anyone listen to Stings recent recordings?..boy I guess we know who the real force before the group was,it sure wasnt Sting.