I need a female jazz vocalist. No Krall, No Norah

I've listened to so much Norah Jones and Diana Krall in the last month I feel like I know the personally. I'm ready to get hooked on a new sultry lady but I need some good suggestions.
meech33
THANKS EVERYONE. I WAS NOT EXPECTING THIS MANY RESPONSES. I didn't this many people enjoyed jazz vocalist as much as I do. I really appreciate the feedback. I've sampled most of the names at CDNOW.com. I really like a lot of the voices. A couple that stood out are Shirley Horn & Lisa Ekdahl. My list of cds to purchase is now up to 27. This is going to cost me about $500. I'm looking forward to going to J & R on Monday.

Anymore?

Uh...Billie Holiday?

Also agree with the recommendations of Shirley Horn, Cassandra Wilson, Abbey Lincoln, and Sarah Vaughan.

Dinah Washington, Betty Carter, and Dee Dee Bridgewater are three others to add to your search.

Happy hunting.
Not sure about "jazz," not sure Norah does jazz, for that matter, but if you want singers, two that I don't think have been mentioned are Julie London, and currently, Kari Bremnes, from Norway.

You can find Ms. Bremnes, and a great catalog of female singer-songwriters at Harmony Ridge Music, http://www.hrmusic.com/index.html. (I have no affiliation, just offer it as a source of interesting stuff.)