Interconnect with great dynamics and bass slam ,

I recently purchased some Cardas Golden cross sepaker cables. They replaced my Dh Lab Q10s. I replaced the Q10s because i was getting some upper mid freq brightness.
I have Golden Cross interconnects from preamp to amp and from cd player to pre amp. The sound is very smooth and detailed .The bass and mid bass is not as authorative or as tight. The highs are better - more detailed and smooth.
The problem is the sound is almost too smooth the bass is kind of rounded off now .The sound is less dynamic.
My Question is.
Is there an interconnect that could give me back that great bass and dynamics of that i had with the Q10s, without the harshness i was getting. I think i would like to keep the Golden Cross speaker cables and try changing the ICs. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
grey9hound
well, This leaves me my trusty friend!, whats up Grey9hound!, whats happening around the pool?, Eany chicks?
Well, just hanging out. Sounds like you had some real fun shipping your amp. WOW, what a chore. Diving board is up and we are using it. Water is nice temp. Not too cold not too hot. I hope all is well down your way .
how long will they have your amp?
Hello fellas, it's been a fun weekend here! We have had lots of visitors, so I missed you earlier. Yeah the McCormack Gold Edition amp is awesome, a fine addition to my system. A dream come true actually!! I think that "It's so choice" as Ferris Bueller might say, and like Jmcgrogan2 would say..."it has my speakers in a VICE-GRIP!" Serious musical power and control without any artifacts, nastiness, or overemphasis of sonic detail. Lifelike presentation that is extremely dynamic and precise and at the same time musically satisfying which I love. It presents a real sonic picture that keeps me involved in the performance, especially with good recordings. Bass is incredibly powerful and clean down to the lowest note. I love it!

John, after hearing this amp my AudioNervousa has grown stronger. I want full SMcAudio mods to everything!!!LOL!

I also picked up a 4 foot Tara Labs Decade power cable for $200. Put it on the DAC-1 to burn in. Too early to tell about it really, but I think it may be an improvement and towards the musical side! I still do not know if this is a high current amp kind of power cable. It may be designed around front end source type equipment???? It will stay on the McCormack REV.A DAC-1 until I figure out it's place in the system. I'm really curious as to what gauge it is. Any input would be welcome!

Keith, I live in Roan Mountain, TN and work in Linville, NC. I ship anything I sell on Audiogon from work. I have available all the best packing materials for a professional job and a safe shipment!
Yes, The NC high country is beautiful and all the nice folks here make me feel right at home. I am originally from a small town 20 miles north of Knoxville. I slowly moved up the mountain, where it's not so hot in the Summer! Plus we can ski in the Winter! Dennis has a pool, that's a very good thing to have down in K-town. Up here we have a spring fed pond! No diving board... but there is a little dock to jump off of! The water is nice and clean and you're swimming with Catfish, Bluegill, some frogs, turtles, two little watersnakes, a bunch of dogs, and one big orange and white Koy! LOL!! We take the HarmanKardon Go+PlayII, ipod, a tennis ball, a cooler with sandwiches and cold bevs and have a ball! I'll try to post a photo soon.