little known musicians we should hear

I know i'm missing out on some great obscure or relatively obscure music. please give me your recommendations. include anyone (or any lp) you love and recommend without reservation, if it may not be well known.

my short list would be:

alejandro escovedo-singer/songwriter/gtr player/band leader
the hank dogs - u.k. folkies w/ 2 albums
anne briggs - more folk from the u.k.
richie haven's new lp "the well" (if you ever loved any of his stuff, you need this!)
I just don't know any great obscure classical, jazz or rock...uh, the velvet who?

honourable mention:
"u.s. mombs" (my 16 yr old's a drummer. this is her thrash band. so sue me, I like seeing it in print)
tagyerit
i'll continue my list with increadible and innovative jazz musicians that have already decades of performances but only on small and private surroundings:

phillip johnston,
matia bazar,
evan parker,
hugh hopper,
wayne horvitz,
torsten de winkel,
ravi coltrane,
sasi shalom,
sergey kuriokhin,
vladimir chekassin,
aleksander ganelin,
aleksey kozlov,
igor butman.
this is great! you all are mentioning stuff I have never heard (cul de sac, harry menk, Polyphonic Spree, Imperial Teen, Solution) stuff i've almost bought 100 times (like scott walker and Neko Case), stuff I forgot about and now can't wait to hear again (like 10 song demo and bloomed).

thanks to all and please keep 'em coming. don't hesitate to add more as they spring to mind. this'll end up being a killer (and dangerous) list to carry to the record store, hunt online with etc.

i'll be the first with additions:
kim richie
david blue's lp w/'i'll be true to you" on it
the silos
marc benno (with and w/out leon russell)
mcdonald and giles lp
garmana's "vengeance" (filed under nordic)
all fred neil (some has been newly pressed on vinyl)
the groove collective's s.t. first cd
The new Patricia Barber- Verse, Charlie Watts- Long ago & far away, yes the Stones drummer with a very smooth big band that is wonderful and the last cd you need to hear is Randy Waldman - Unreel. Barber's cd is in the same league as Cafe Blue. Charlie watts plays light drums and no he doesn't sing Bernard Fowler handles vocals. Waldmans cd is uptempo "hot" jazz, great sound on Concord Jazz.