What's Your Favorite Party Music?

What do you put on when you wanna get people moving? I'm strictly talking high db here. I've worn out some of my old favs and am looking for ammunition for the next big P. Need suggestions to audition.

I'll start out with a few of my old faithfuls. 1) "Showdown" (1985): Albert Collins, Robert Cray and Johnny Copeland take turns rifing on the guitar. 2) "Cold Snap" (1986): Albert Collins does the same thing by himself. 3) "Seconds of Pleasure" (1980) by Rockpile, semi obscure effort with Dave Edmunds and Nick Lowe.4) "In Session" (1999): Albert King w/ Stevie Ray Vaughan, what can you say about those two? 5)"American Music" (1980 rereleased 1997) by The Blasters; really obscure swinging rock party music.
clueless
For partying I like to start with MAZE with Frankie Beverly.On to some TITO PUENTE,for the mambo mood,then to some more salsa to get the blood flowing with some Jose EL CANARIO Alberto,then some more rythym and blues,like Stevie Wonder,Innervisions and Talking book Lps,some BLACK MAGIC Woman by SANTANA,and both versions of OYE COMO VA,by the master Tito Puente and mixing it up with Santanas version.Now I like to listen to some 70S DISCO on high end and that will get the HUSTLE dancers on the floor,and then it's off to ROSELAND to hear FELIX HERNANDEZ spin some 60s and 70s R&B and DISCO.Thats a party.CHEERS.
Good stuff, Vayasteve.
(Cardinal, Never though of VU as 'party' music, although they are very good, and so is the Lou Reed solo stuff).
For parties, we play a lot of sons with a bit of salsa and some cumbias thrown in (Celia Cruz, Estudiantina Invasora, Quarteto Patria, Ruben Gonsalez, Cachao, just to scrtach the surface).
Mix in some Funk (e.g. George Clinton), Blues (sp. John Lee Hooker),70's disco makes a nice change of pace (Gloria Gaynor, KC), and to give people a chance to freshen their drinks, I like to throw in some Jimmy Buffet in once in a while.
When it's time to light the cigars, a nice round of Guantanamera or Lagrimas Negras sets the mood!

KP
Massive Attack, DaRude, Paul Van Dyk, ATB, The Velvet Acid Christ, Daft Punk, BT, Hybrid, Alice Deejay, Paul Oakenfold, Crystal Method, Webster Hall, The Chemical Brothers just to name a few. Keep the beats going non-stop!