Interconnect with great dynamics and bass slam ,

I recently purchased some Cardas Golden cross sepaker cables. They replaced my Dh Lab Q10s. I replaced the Q10s because i was getting some upper mid freq brightness.
I have Golden Cross interconnects from preamp to amp and from cd player to pre amp. The sound is very smooth and detailed .The bass and mid bass is not as authorative or as tight. The highs are better - more detailed and smooth.
The problem is the sound is almost too smooth the bass is kind of rounded off now .The sound is less dynamic.
My Question is.
Is there an interconnect that could give me back that great bass and dynamics of that i had with the Q10s, without the harshness i was getting. I think i would like to keep the Golden Cross speaker cables and try changing the ICs. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
grey9hound
Boy, I sure would love to own something like that(VAC Phi 300.1a) too. I have often wanted tubes just for Music .
The biggest reason that i haven't looked into a better two channel sytem is two fold . First of , I like full range speakers better than Monitors with a sub. 2nd ,I also can't give up my Home Theater for a 2 channel setup. So.. I tried to find a reasonable trade off.
I play all of my music, whether it be Cds or even Pandora from Directv,(Which really doesn't sound too bad) , in Souce Direct or Direct mode , without any processing. This way there is only ONE Digital to analog conversion.
If i use a sub for music then I would have to have the signal processed because of the Inherent delay that all subs have. Most processors nowadays can take care of this (Audyssey). But to me it usually sounds better without all of the additional processing to sync with the delay of the sub.
Also , if i use analog out from the Source then there is one Analog to Digital conversion , and then a Digital back to Analog.
I always have found that the less processing of the signal the better the sound .
I also think my Cd Players Dac (Sony CDP-M555ES) is better than the DAC in my processor Marantz SR5003) . I believe most Cd player dacs are usually better than Most Processor dacs . In my case I know it is . I have tried .
I hope this makes a liitle sense .
I know it is difficult to explain clearly and concisley .
Well, I'm also a vinyl guy too. Black licorice and some valves make music to me. To each their own. Enjoy.
@ jmcgrogan2, I am a tube lover myself,I am waiting for a Ayon cd-2s digital player that has 4 6h30 tubes,I wanted to try out Ayon,and If I like the sound of this player,it will land on my second system,I will get the Ayon cd-5s that has a real analogue pre-amp in side of it,this will keep cable cost down,since I can only aford one Taralabs zero gold 1-meter I/c,I love the realistic presatation of tubes,but love the accurate sound signature of a good solid state amp,to me,tubes and solid state combo is awsome!,I also love the full sound of Krell amps,I guess I like deep defined accurate bass with a sound stage to die for with the tube combo.happy listening!
@ jmcgrogan2,I had to add that I love vinyl as well,It seems that I got myself into such high cost of cables, that I can only run a cd-player direct to amp,as I said,If I like the sound of Ayon 2s, I will get the 5s,then I can work toward vinyl,since the 5s has a real analogue pre, versus a very well made,one of the best digital volume controls out there, very close to an analogue pre-amp volume control 2s,the 5s has all the pre-amp connections to make vinyl possible,I plan to modify the hell out of the 2s thou,from the a/c cord, to changeing the stock tubes, to changeing all the stock fuses,to changeing out the a/c cord iec connection on the player its self to a furtech,maybe some tube resonators,I do not know about that decision yet,there is drawbacks to that scenerio.cheers!
@ jmcgrogan2,again, If the componet does not sound very real with the cables I have that componet is history, thats why I am doing The Ayon 2s player first,Its better to make A $6,350.00 mistake versus a $12,500 mistake,thou up-on research,none of this should result in a mistake,as I said before,I make damm sure the possibility that the player will sound good before I purchase it,with crazy obsessive research and user feedbacks of the componet in question.cheers!