Theta Dreadnaught as a two channel amp

Has anyone compared the Theta Dreadnaught (I or II) as a stereo amp to other dedicated two-channel/stereo power amps from McIntosh, Krell, Levinson, BAT, Classe, Pass Labs...and so on?

In particular with current demanding speakers (low impedance).

I am just wondering if because the power supply is designed for five channels, that it might be a good two channel amp, especially since the next offering up the Theta line is over $10K.
dbld
Bigtee, I am using the Dreadnaught I, how much more bottom end do you think the Dread II would deliver?
The Dread II sounds more powerful overall-no doubt about that. Sounds more than 25/ch more. The bass is definitely stronger overall. It is a little more dynamic. I think it is aimed more at home theater and its requirements. I must say that the better bottom end, power and dynamics of the Dread II is offset by not being quite as musical overall. I think the Dread I has a little better midrange which fits into the realm of my priorities better overall. The Dread II is certainly a good amp and if I didn't have the I, I'd buy the II. It certainly would serve my purpose about as well. I use Vandersteen's and the bottom is taken care of by sub drivers. So, it's not an issue with me as it would be with some. Hope this helps and if you decide to sell your Dread I, let me know.
I am not getting rid of the Dread I anytime soon. The mids are too sweet. My mains have two 12" bass drivers plus a 12" mid-bass driver, but they need external power. The bottom end is there, I just need an amp to bring it out.

I have heard what you mention concerning the differences between the two versions. I guess I'll need to get a Dreadnaught II in my room to really know if it can deliver what I want. I really don't want to compromise the mids though, and I am not too keen on bi-amping.
Hi, sorry for the late reply...I've been travelling.
The BEL amp I'm referring to is the Brown Electronic Labs 1001 Mk V. It's been in production since the 70's.
I've compared it to a lot of different amps over the years in various systems. It's simply the most natural sound I've heard yet. The sound is less dependant on the amp than on the pre-amp and source you put in front as it can resolve everything it sees. Also, you will want BEL cables as well so you can get the best out of the system it's used in. Try it...you'll "see".
I compared a MkIV to the Dreadnought I several years ago. There was no comparison. The BEL smoked it in every way. The new Mk V amps are an order of magnitude better than the older Mk IVs. So if this amp is in your price range ($3,895) it should satisfy your requirements without a problem. Just remember that the associated gear will make a big difference!
As for impedance, that is relevant with the Theta amps to some degree. You would have to try the BEL or another amp that doesn't have Zero Negative Feedback to see if it's a difference for you on your speakers.
IMHO, if you can try a BEL do so. If not, the Dreadnought I is a spectacular amp for the money.
Cheers,
Michael