Wife stepping on speaker wire

I'm looking for a heavy duty, thick pair of speaker wire that she can see from a great distance. I have never come across a person that has no regard where she plops down her size 8's. Any suggestions would be a god send.
128x128hughes12
I am looking for some seed money for a cable company to be called "Barbed Wired Audio Designs Limited", Our Motto "she'll step on em once, but that will be her last"
How about going to officemax and buying a cable cover ? I have the same situation - I just put a thin piece of foam over the cable, and a small throw carpet over that - works fine.
Go to Home Depot and get 5" dryer hose - the pliable version and insert the cables into these. Although I can't speak to how the sonics will change as they have a wire wrapped in them so one can bend them to position but the low WAF should make her realize just how important your cables are to you. Because of their size I can't see how she can miss them and should have no problem avoiding them... Sonics aside what about that sturdy black pvc pipe, also available from HD???
If you try most of these suggestions you'll end up divorced like the one guy. From a woman's point of view she's probably trying to get you to hide them. Wires or cables being visible on the floor looks horrible reguardless of how nice they look. Most women spend hours putting together the decor of a room and when you have speaker wire running across the floor it destroys her dream. Run the wire under the carpet or along the side of the wall. This would solve your problem. Question, did you speak with her before laying the wires across the floor? Maybe if you did you never would of had this problem to begin with.

I don't know any back ground information, but have ya'll actually had a conversation about it (other than you "telling her not to step on your speaker wire")? If you're "telling" her to do something, chances are she'll do the exact opposit.

Kristy