Siltech G5 against the rest of the world.

I finally received the Siltech Compass lake G5 interconnects. They have an official price tag of $7500 per meter pair.I would recommend that we save ourselves from a discussion if this price will ever be justified for any cable. We all know that this is a stratospheric price level and hardly anybody will be able to afford such a cable.
But I have to admit that even the well known Valhalla stands beaten in its corner by this cable.
This cable has done great damage to me: It has shown what potential lies hidden in my system, and during the two days I was auditioning this cable, I have learned , that my system is capable of conveying an awesome rich, detailed, sound, which was hidden before I put these cables in.
It will be very tough to even go back to the Valhalla.
How can I can I keep on listening from now on with satisfaction, if I know that I am being kept from hearing the fine nuances which really justify the mane "high end" by using a lesser cable?
I think that my only chance lies in taking up a second mortgage and buy this cable eventually. I have to look at it from the only perspective possible: This is a lifetime investment, since I will never have to bother again about interconnects for the rest of my audiophile life.

Or does someone see another solution, which has somehow slipped by my attention, since I admit, I have become biased in my opinions recently?
tekunda
Tekunda,

My cables were made by Full Spectrum Audio and Gary Markowitz and I believe that both of these cable makers are no longer in the business of making cables -- so what I am using is probably a moot point no matter how good they may or may not be.

Looking at the different experiences of both Mike and Rgd with the James Murray cables I think you can begin to realize that whatever cable is the "best" for a particular person in a particular system may not be best for you.

There is an apparent synergy that goes on with cables when they are paired with certain components. I am with the gentlemen who suggested that $7500 (or more) might be better spent on upgrading to a better amp or preamp, because I think you'll find that when you finally replace the component(s) that match the Siltech's characteristics so perfectly, is that the Siltech may no longer be "perfect". It's sort of a catch-22, but I hope you can see my point.
Info on Murray James cable: He does not to my knowledge have a web site, but the email address is as follows:
[email protected]

Also the version I compared was gen 1 of the James cables, they are now at Gen 4 and rumored to be far better than the Gen 1's, that is hard to believe, but...

Also to answer the other question the FIM was compared to Gen 3 Siltech.

Tekunda: Have you heard the FIM. I ask because you say "I have a hard time trying to imagine, that FIM Gold will be better than any of the G5 cables." then you go on to say "I liked the FIM Gold series, but it did not "kick" with me, especially since the biwire speaker cables are $4500 for 8 ft. I can not discern from these 2 sentences if you have actully listened to the FIM GOlD.

One other cable you should seriously look into is a newcomer that is making waves in a small underground circle of nutty audiophile called Virtual Dynamics. Check it out at http://www.telusplanet.net/public/virtuald.

Like Plato stated, it is all about he individual and his/her system and synergy. I have just found the FIM stuff to consistently outperform most everything out there.

Best regards to all,

Mike
Oh, I will be trying the Virtual Dynamics, speaker and interconnect. I will place a post with my findings afterward.

Mike
Tekunda, fight the urge! What would you do when Gen 6 gets released by Siltech??? How do you think those Gen 3 owners who bought their cable for life feel now??? Seriously, though, I think Plato's and rgd's points are well-taken. I don't believe, objectively, that the differences between top quality cables like the Valhalla and the Siltech and the top Purist and NBS cables are going to be justify their cost differential more than getting better components that complement better the sound characteristics of the top-quality cable you have. And I guess it does kill me to think of spending money for one set of interconnects that could buy a good used pair of Lamm or Jadis amps instead.
The Virtual Dynamis arrived at my home today. I got their second top line, but there seemed to be an issue with RCAs when I hooked them up. So Rick will replace the interconnects for free with his top line interconnects.
Of course I will only profit from this deal, if I decide to keep the cables.
But I am very excited about the VD power cables. The seem to be an excellent value for the price Rick is asking in the moment.
But since you also will receive VD cables, its getting very interesting to see what kind of conclusions you will arrive at.
I want to state also that I seem to have discovered a very excellent cable with an incredible potential, one of the cheapest I have tried, but it is too early to post my findings just yet.
I am getting Suharo cables also, these will be the last cables I will listen to during this "leg" of my cable quest I then will post my personal conclusions and take a break, in order to continue with a second "leg" of my quest later on.
I might then try Silversmith, Purist Audio, Tara Labs and Synergistic Research.